Thursday, September 28, 2006

Not much interesting has happened since the whole preggers ordeal…which by the way is still going on. Some folks just won't leave me alone. A co worker sees a VHS tape on my desk and asks if that is the ultrasound. My boss writes 'Amanda preggers' on my white board.
I did realize on Monday that when crazy stuff happens to me, Robin is usually around. Take a phone call for instance on lunch break. I saw that I had two missed calls from different numbers back to back. I thought for a second that it might be one of those exs that you delete their number and then you remember that is retarded because what if one of them call and you accidentally answer? Anywho. This person left a message for me. I check my voicemail and it's Chris something from the freaking Arkansas FBI. He gives me the main office number and his desk number and tells me that "it's nothing serious".
Right. Now, I'm a law abiding citizen (minus the occassional speeding) and I immediately think that I have done something wrong. My head is spinning and in all of Robin's giddyness, she suggests that I call him back RIGHT NOW. I call the main number and an older woman answers the phone all prim and proper. I ask for Chris whomever and he answers.
Me: um, this is amanda bradley, you just left me a message.
C: oh yes, ms bradley. You must have been out of town when I called.
What? No, I'm just a normal cellular phone user who doesn't answer unknown numbers.
Me: um, actually I was at work. What can I help you with?
C: was ther ea man by the name of Shainhiemdk Blahblah that lived at your address?
Me: (trying to be all sweet and innocent and non guilty sounding even though I have no idea if he just sneezed or actually said a person's name). I'm not for sure. I do not see any mail for him in my mailbox. I've lived in this apartment for 6 months or so.
C: Well, yes ma'am, he gave your address as his own.
Lightbulb off in head
Me: OHHHHHHH!!! You mean has he lived with me??
C: Yes ma'am
Me: Oh, in that case, no.
C: that is what we figured, just wanted to check. Thanks for your time.
I go on about my day and hear no more from my friend Chris. My sister calls me that evening and I tell her the story. About 4.3 minutes after we hang up, my phone is ringing and it's my mother all freaked out that the FBI has called me. I tell her that it was nothing to worry about and she swears that it's identity theft or that the big scary boogieman is going to come get me.
Now, I know that I'm not a mom and have no right to poke fun at her reaction because I'm a little crazy and I know that I would probably be doing the same thing if I had a daughter getting weird FBI phone calls…and I love my mom. She's a great protector and can smell a scam a mile away. Anywho. Long story short, she wants the number to investigate, she finds out it's legit and thanks me for satisifying my 'paranoid mother'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home