Friday, September 15, 2006

I'm sitting here at the San Fransico Bread Company enjoying a chicken something or other panini and praying to the god of good hygiene that every bit of the green parsley thingies have gone down my throat and not adheard to every crevice of my teeth. I quite enjoy this place and the food even though this is not a good place for a first date due to the parsley bits. Jonathan and I were headed to El Porton but he asked what this was, saw the free Wi-Fi and me shouting, 'that place is yum' brought us here. I have to say I'm a little nervous eating and drinking this closely to a 15 inch flat screen and keyboard that is most definitly not mine. It also makes me hope that the person before me also prayed to the god of good hygiene and followed the whole rule of wash yo hands!
My first time here I was with the girls from work. Only one of the girls had been here before and she went on and on about their paninis. We are pulling into the parking lot and i see these weird letters on the window 'FREE WI-FI'. What the frick is this? I think and better yet; I say it aloud. Now, normally I am a visual learner but with weird words, I need some pronunciation. I'm immediately snickered at (mainly due to the fact that 2 of the 3 girls I'm with share the job of 'Web Administrator' at our company). When I am asked if I've ever heard of Wi-Fi, I laugh aloud and want to crawl into a hole. Oh well. Just like shit happens, so does stupidity.
I've had a bit of bad luck lately with my eyeballs. I say that lightly but it really is serious. About 2 months ago, I developed this blob on my eye that was quite uncomfortable. I made a trip to the eye dr, got some $40 drops and was sent on my way. This spot got a little better but it was still irrated a bit and I was convinced by several people to journey again to the eye dr. I made an appointment and went yesterday. He put these hella stingy eye drops in my eye and checked the pressure. He was concerned seeing is how my funk eye was at a 30 and normal pressure is 16 or 17. I'm pumping out what folks that have glaucoma have. He also checks my tear production by placing these little strips in my eye and having me sit there for 5 minutes. Again, normal production is 15, I was a 3. I'm quite the underacheiver. So what does this all mean? He gives me drops for the pressure and some high tech moisture drops, demands that I wear my glasses for the next 2 weeks and tells me that he and I are going to be BFF a while because I will be coming to see him 3 or 4 times in that span. Thank God for insurance. And I would like to point out that I ate all of my sandwich, chips and pickle and I totally want a piece of cake. : )

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a blog on your eye? that's a really small blog.

that sounds kinda freaky. I hope you don't end up with a glass eye. But if you do, please, oh PLEASE get a marble. The clear kind with the colors in the middle.

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home