Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I rear-ended the guy in front of me today. It was a scratch, very, very minor damage. It was his fault kinda because he has no balls. We live on a BUSY intersection and some mornings at 8 you just gotta jump out there in front of traffic and gun it with all you got. Now, he drives a freaking 2006 Honda so I know that baby's got some get up in it. (Right Robin? : ) ha ha) Anywho. So here we are and it's 8:00 am and traffic isn't too bad and I'm sitting behind him patiently waiting for him to go. And he guns it and I gun it and he stops and I stop because I've hit him. Now, at first I'm just praying that maybe he didn’t notice. Maybe he just thought that he farted loudly or that God was just giving him a shove because God realized that the driver of this vehicle has no balls and needs to go.
He gets out of the car, I say I'm sorry, I back my Xterra up off him and we survey the damage. At this point I really don't care about my vehicle because it's not a concern of mine if I have a scratch or if some paint is missing. It adds character. He on the other hand says with a very heavy Chinese accent that he just got this car. Of course he did because that is my luck. My insides want to yell at him for being a douche and not going but I don't want to hurt this guy's feelings. Now, I've only been in one wreck where the cops were called and I wasn't the one doing the calling so I wasn't sure how all of this works. He obviously was not just going to let me write him a check and us be on our merry little ways. I call 911. It rings 4 times. The lady answers and I tell her what has happened and she asked if I would just like to make a report over the phone or if I would like a police officer to come out to the scene. Huuummmm, I'm going with no cop but I'll ask my new friend. He wants a cop. Of course he does. I again want to argue but I don't because I hit him and it's kinda his call, plus, I don't want to hurt his feelings because he's about to turn on the waterworks because I've just scratched up his new toy. I call Jonathan and explain what happens. He comes there and is asking me why we are still blocking the exit. I say that my new friend refuses to move. 3 people ask this guy to move, finally he is told to do so and it happens. I call mom. She says to take pictures. I have a camera and I hop out of my truck in the rain and I'm taking pictures of this. Me doing this causes my new friend and his friend who came for moral support to begin cussing me in their native tounge. Oh well, I've got bills and I do not need someone trying to say that something happened that didn’t. I tell Jonathan to go to work, that I will be fine. About 30 minutes later the cop comes and I apologize a million times that he had to come out here in the rain for a scratch and some dirt (which has now washed off). He says it's no big deal and that he doesn't write the tickets because it's private property. I call to tell Jonathan this and he's on his way back because he felt bad that he left so now I've made him late for work. Yippy. My new friend gets in the car with me and we exchange info. He tells me that of course he's going to need a rental. I tell him no because he works by me, I'll drive his ass around. He gives me this weird look like "lady you already hit my car, how do I know whether or not you're going to slice my throat". Jonathan kisses me and tells me that he loves me and I'm looking kinda sad clown. He tells me to shake it off and to not let it bother me. I do exactly this. I get to work, gripe for a minute and then I'm done.
My new friend has called me twice. I hadn't even called my insurance company yet. I call and talk to my claims rep Jason who is very nice and we crack a few jokes even because I mention the fact that my new friend is a douche and wouldn't go. He chuckled and said that everyone has done that. My new friend calls for the 3rd time, even thought I told him I would call him and I feel bad again because my he has taken the day off from work to deal with his car business and here's me, continuing with work, going to meetings, lunching with my friends, laughing, having a good time and he's stuck in a body shop with Mac the mechanic who is WAY over pricing everything because we all know insurance is going to cover it….but then I think, oh well, you SHOULD OF GONE!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger birdie said...

I still think you should get the title of Worst Driver in our department I mean, I just speed *cough* a little *cough*. You go taking off people's bumpers and shit.... jeez. :)

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home