Monday, December 11, 2006

This weekend was fun. And by fun I mean I got a lot done and I didn’t feel super exhausted today. Friday night, after dinner and some other fun stuff, his parents call to say that our tv had arrived. Woopie.
I need to backtrack a little. His parents wanted to get us something we 'needed' for the apartment and Jonathan being the cutest nerd ever, suggested that we needed an HD flat screen. Yes I have seen these at Walmart and they are pretty, but seriously folks, I'd rather have the $1600 cash and just watch the 1980 tv that I own that requires special RC hookup and running the cable through the VCR.
I wasn't excited when Jonathan talked about how rockin the picture would be, or how much sweeter the sound quality would be or even when he said that he could hook up our laptop to the tv and THAT could be our screen. I simply was unimpressed by this modern wonder.
That is until he opened the box.
The hallelujah chorus played softly in the background and my face lit up like our non-existant Christmas tree. It was beautiful. It was black, hella shiny and more importantly, added 6 inches of walking space in the living room.
We flipped channels all night and oooeeed and aaaahhhed over all of them. We played part of a movie just so we could test out all the settings and sound modes.
I will never mock a man and his love for electronics again. Jonathan, I will forever trust that you will always be honest in telling your parents what we 'need' for our apartment.

2 Comments:

Blogger birdie said...

so this is like your first "married" gift, right?

next thing you know, jonathan will be convincing you to get a remote controlled ceiling fan. ;)

1:45 PM  
Blogger kiki said...

being an electrical engineer, i really wish my folks (or my girlfriend's) would get me all the gizmos i want

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home