Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sometimes things happen and they are out of our control. I know that is cliché, but it is more true than not.
Friday was jeans day. Not only was it jeans day, but also wear-a-jersey/shirt-and-support-your-favorite-team day. I was sporting my 2nd favorite pair of jeans, a Razorback shirt and some tennis shoes. I was very comfortable in my chosen attire until mid morning.
My co-worker Ryan and I were sitting in my cubical discussing a very important topic of something or another just like we always do on Fridays *cough. I turned in my chair towards my computer to look up something we were discussing. A pop occurred and immediately I knew what had happened. Ryan looked very perplexed with his crinkled face, politely asked me what the noise was in hopes I was not going to respond, 'I farted'. It was worse. I felt my chest and my suspicion was confirmed: the underwire in my bra had snapped in two. I share this news with Ryan, quite loudly in fact because I was pissed, and he turns bright red as Ryan tends to do when the situation becomes a little uncomfortable, laughs hysterically, and exits my cubical.
I spent the rest of my day thinking I was a little lopsided but with many reassuring comments of 'you can't even tell', I made it through. It also served as a fun story for the weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger kiki said...

that sounds like it could have really hurt you had it snapped at the right angle?

10:28 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I know! I have to say it was a little uncomfortable with that thing jabbing me every 5 minutes.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home