Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I just bitched at Robin yesterday saying that there was no such thing as writer's block and that when she writes that she should just spill it all out because editors edit and writers write…and now I'm eating my words. I'm trying to be dilligent and write every other day or so but for some reason, I don't have clue what to write about today and we just went to make our go go juice and she told me that there is a link on her site to mine so BALLS! I really do have to write something. (my freak out here)
I'm jealous that I have no super amusing stories like some folks. My life right now is very good…probably the best that it has been in a long time…and it has to do with the fact that I'm content. That is a huge place to be. I mean to say that one is happy with every aspect of life is like saying that every day is free icecream! I am usually a spaz and totally nerotic. Lately, I haven't been. I think it has to do with that not only am I happy, but that I'm discovering parts of me that I didn't know existed. For instance, I am well known for being a little bit of a jokester when the moment calls for seriousness. I am a smart ass everytime a serious subject comes up or I'm the giggling nut at a funeral and the chick at the wedding who isn't crying but secretly hopes that someone will trip and fall down the isle because, lets all face it, that's be fabulous, or when what you are saying sounds like freaking "blah blah blah" to me and I want to punch you in the face, but I refrain and resort to sarcasm.
Anywho, now I'm that girl who likes to hear sweet things from the boyfriend and likes to have him cook for her and it be ready when she gets home and who giggles a bit when a kiss is made on the cheek in front of company and more disturbingly, is fully sweet right back after these gesters and sarcasm is left at the door…at least for a little bit. : )
The thing is, he TOTALLY appreciates the sarcasm but I know that he thinks it's extra cool when I respond like a normal sweet young lady. What have I become? A mushy girl? I refuse to be dubbed that. My brilliant friends say that this has always been me but that I never embrased it. Even my coworker Ryan just moments ago as I gripped that I had become 'that girl' said, "well, it must not bother you because you aren't doing anything about it" and looked at me very yoda-ish like he had just made a speech that shook the nations. As much as I hate to admit it, this is me…and secretly, I kinda like it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Barry S. said...

If you giggle at funerals and other weird stuff like that, I'll bet you have super amusing stories to tell.

It's more how you TELL the story, and not so much what happened.

BTW, found you via robin's site.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you just can't write and should think about giving up.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

ah thanks duckie. that's sweet. : )

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always here if you need a pep talk kido.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home