Thursday, August 03, 2006

So it's hot in AR. When I say "hot" I mean, ouch-I can't-breathe-my-shoes-are- melting-why-do-I-have-to-put-on-clothes kinda hot. It's miserable. My 500 sq foot apartment used $63.45 worth of electricity last month and I'm not even home the hottest part of the day and diligently turn up the ac to 75 in hopes that I will not have a roasted cat when I get home. Anywho. You get my point.
Robin and I decided to go to Old Navy to pick up a baby present for our boss. She had brought pizza and we were shoving it on our faces like two fat kids with a gallon of chocolate ice cream and whipped frosting birthday cake. The funny part is, we both looked very hip and professional in our work attire and here we are, talking with our mouths full, crust flying everywhere. It was one of the funniest moments that I've experienced in a long time. It's good to have friends like that who you can be the fat kid with and not care that there is a huge piece of pepperoni in your bicuspid.
I also learned about a new button in my car on this trip. When I bought my Xterra, I read Consumer Reports and they stated that the 2 negative ratings were because of the wind noise (above 65 sounds like the window is cracked…a little annoying) and the air conditioner. Until our shoving- pizza-in-face lunch, I just thought that my air sucked because if Consumer Reports says its so, it must be. Since we are both melting and fighting over the middle vents, Robin pushes this button and suddenly, the air is at least 100 times cooler. I screech with excitement because I'm not a big fan of the sweating and she explains that this magic button takes the air already inside the vehicle and recools it, making the air feel like it's an artic blast. Then, my brilliant friend, precedes to give me the "oh, you're a dumbass" look for not knowing this. So here's the point of this rambling, friends who can shove food in their face quick like a bunny and who can tell you that you are retarded for not knowing about the max ac button, are a rare find.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like Robin is one of those until-death-do-us-part-Thelma-and-Louise type of friends. Just don't go on any crime sprees. They always sound good at the time but they end very badly.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home