Friday, January 26, 2007

I'm not a big fan of drama. I like ordinary, plain, every day life. You know, the kind of life that Jim Carrey had in The Truman Show. Nothing wrong ever went down, you saw the same folks every day and they were nice and if you did get off course a little with a cute girl at a football game, men with cool headsets and black SUVs would come grab your ass and all of the sudden, that cute girl moved to Bangkok with her parents.
Life has not been so Truman Show lately. I had my first big stress out a few weeks ago when I learned that the office rumor was not so much a rumor, but actual fact. I will need to be looking for another job in a little bit. I'm sad about that because I love my job. I mean, I heart my job as much as a mom hearts a kid. A good kid, not the bad kid that shoots the neighbor's dog. My co-workers are my family and the thought of loosing that and having to start over, makes my stomach turn flips in uncertainty.
Also, I'm planning a wedding ceremony and that is a wee bit stressful. The 'perfect' restaurant for the rehearsal dinner is now not so 'perfect'. It's closed. Nice. Glad that douche took the time to write my name and number on the calender.
Today was not so great either. We are moving. Why? The powers that be say so. It's a long story that I really don't feel like writing about....
BUT through all of this I am hanging in there. I'm keeping a smile on my face and I've only had 1 major freak out that I very much regret. I'm blessed thought because Jonathan is forgiving and more than understanding. He's been amazing thorough all of this and I'm glad that one of us is being not so crazy in the moment because Lord knows I am.
On a lighter note....
I am such a baby whiny pants when it comes to scary movies and yet I love to watch them. I always wear my glasses while watching so that I have the ability to remove my seeing aids in a way that others are unaware of my chicken-ness. If I were to close my eyes or cover them, I would be made fun of. With the glasses, I simply scoot them down a bit so that I cannot see. Jonathan talked me into The American Haunting tonight. It was good. I only peed my pants 1 time and part of that was because the cat jumped up in Jonathan's lap where my head was laying. It was The Grudge all over again. Lately the TV gods have been really trying to scare me. As I sit here writing this post, the preview for The Messengers has come on TWICE. I try not to look, but out of the corner of my eye, I can see that little kid smooching his eyeballs in explaination of what he sees lurking in the corner of the barn. All I can say is, thank God I have someone to cuddle with tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home